Off to the UK today.  I'll be there until mid-month.

First to a place with my new favorite town name - Blaenau Ffestiniog - to wander the slate heaps, fog, mines, and to sink my hands into my ancestral soil.

Then I'll be in London for the Historical Materialism conference, which looks better than ever.  I'll be talking about hostile objects, sabotage, gremlins, ruined silk, and money made of meat.

If any of you are around the city then, let me know.

Blog will return in full when I get back, with writing, and before that, as always when I leave where I live, with more photos of walls, stains, incongruous advertisements, trash, and very few people.

ECW

1 comment:

Benjamin said...

usually very beautiful up in Snowdonia, used to go on holiday there as a child - although not as red, in fact on the contrary, to Fiona's homeland of S Wales.
See you at HM, ps wrap up warm, it's freezing